North County hasn’t been everyone’s go to when it comes to San Diego. However, North County is up and coming and there are many amazing restaurants scattered around. Make sure you take the time to check these places out. I promise you they are worth it.
Local Tap House
Great food. Great service. Great drinks. This place is my FAVE! Must try: Brussel Sprouts. I am craving them just thinking about it. LTH has a great variety of craft cocktails and food that will make you come back for more. LTH was built to create a fun and relaxing environment for the community. Is your mouth salivating yet? I know mine is!
Urge American Gastropub
Who doesn’t love a good gastropub? Urge is a gastropub and whiskey bank and has three locations, Oceanside, Rancho Bernardo, and coming soon San Marcos. Urge creates classic American bar food with the best local products for great comfort food. They are also known for an extensive delish whiskey selection!
Bagby Beer Company
Best margarita I have ever had and I am not joking. What exactly makes this marg so good?
- PROPER cube form ice cubes that takes longer to dilute so you do NOT have a water down drink
- A GENEROUS amount of tequila (I’ve watched them poor!!)
- Arette Reposado is the tequila they use which is a small family producer and has a smoother tequila taste
- 100% fresh squeezed lime juice (DELISH)
- NO CHEAP orange based liquor (they use the good stuff)
- They also use paper straws so helping the environment feels great
Bagby Beer is a unique establish as the have a bar and outside seating areas that are all self-seating and you order at the front. I wasn’t the biggest fan of that layout however the marg’s makes it worth it!
There is a speakeasy located somewhere inside Urge Gastropub Oceanside…Have fun and good luck!